Lloydminster Learning Council Association (LLCA) is a charitable (
CHARITY NUMBER: 107632317 RR0001) non-profit organization serving learners and the business community for nearly 50 years. LLCA helps adults acquire the skills needed to get a better job, pursue their dreams, and build stronger families.
Our purpose is to coordinate, encourage, and promote lifelong learning opportunities to enhance quality of life. Established in 1975, LLCA belongs to a network of over 80 learning councils. LLCA belongs to provincial organizations CLN (Alberta) and SLN (Saskatchewan), and is a Family Literacy Hub in Saskatchewan.
Serving the Community
- Melanie Mutter, Executive Director
- Rebecca Robinson, Program Coordinator
- Penny Wack, Executive Assistant
Executive Board of Directors
- Doreen McCaw, President
- Michelle Neufeld, Vice-President
- Sharon Herbus, Secretary/Treasurer
- Laurie Harris, Director
- Mena Nightraveller, Director
- Maria Sarcauga-Gantefoer, Director
Literacy Advisory Committee
- The Literacy Advisory Committee meets bi-annually.
- The Council meets twice a year, including an Annual General Meeting.
- The Executive Board meets quarterly.
- City of Lloydminster
- Lakeland College
- Lloydminster Area Early Years Coalition
- Lloydminster Catholic School Division (Mother Teresa Early Childhood Education Centre)
- Lloydminster Catholic Social Services
- Lloydminster Chamber of Commerce
- Lloydminster Community Youth Centre
- Lloydminster Construction Association
- Lloydminster Interval Home
- Lloydminster Native Friendship Centre
- Lloydminster Public Library
- Lloydminster Public School Division (Avery Outreach School, Jack Kemp Community School, Queen Elizabeth School, and Winston Churchill School)
- Lloydminster and District SPCA
- Midwest Family Connections
- The Olive Tree
- Saskatchewan Literacy Network
- Servus Credit Union
- Synergy Credit Union
- United Way Lloydminster & District